Saturday, July 28, 2007

Holy Sh**, It's for real!

I just received my first year clinical assignment and I'm having a bit of a panic attack. Not in a totally bad way. More like, "Oh my God, it's finally happening" way. I know that I have been planning for this next phase for some time now, but I'm still a little in denial about what is to come. A little denial is good I suppose for sanity sake.

Anyway, my first assignment is PECE-Pact. It's a program designed and run by one of WSU's faculty members. After some cursory research, my understanding of the program is that it focuses on reducing the prevalance of conduct disorder (a precursor to antisocial personalities - scary stuff - think Charles Manson, one of my cousins, and probably any dirtbag you know) by working on empathy, anger management, etc. I am thrilled about the assignment as it will be very interesting.

Now I have to get malpractice insurance. Oy Vey!

No comments: