Thursday, May 22, 2008

Massive Updates

We've had a crazy beginning to 2008. Thus the lack of updates until now. I finally had a moment to write. And by "had a moment," I mean I am procrastinating and avoiding the mountain of work that needs my attention. Besides two big emotional hits with losing Kath and finding out about Jim Hodge's cancer, we've had a few bumps on top of the usual chaos (Quick recap - I crashed the car, Maddie was sick, I was sick, Maddie ate something with peanuts and ended up in the ER).

Lots of great things have happened too. First and foremost, Maddie is growing into a fabulous person. Who could ask for more? I got my first practicum placement for next year. I met with Fernside to start on my dissertation project and I'm very excited to get things going. Maddie, Mark, Jason and I ran in the Flying Pig 5K. Maddie and I finished in 32 minutes - 10 minutes faster than last year. I went to a conference in Chicago to learn a therapy technique that is incredibly beneficial for kids (also partied it up a bit). Many of the other good things are captured in the blogs below.

Enjoy!

No comments: